The Nava Raipur Smart City: Quality of life, smart growth, and city resilience
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Construction Management
- To deliver the first environmentally sustainable smart city as the new capital of Chhattisgarh state.
- To use optimized solutions to meet the needs of citizens and businesses.
- To enhance quality of life through safe, efficient, sustainable civic amenities and planning systems.
The Nava Raipur Smart City
Nava Raipur Atal Nagar, located in central India, is the country’s first metropolitan greenfield Smart City and a beacon for Smart City planning, development, and operation worldwide. In 2000, when India established Chhattisgarh as its ninth-largest state at a population of 29 million people, municipal authorities quickly identified the need for a new state capital. Nava Raipur – or “new” Raipur – was commissioned to be the state’s future economic and financial nucleus.
- Real-time insight and management of critical infrastructure systems across the city.
- Better management of supply and demand for crucial civic services including water, street-lighting, and electrical and sewerage services, in real time.
- Nava Raipur was designated a lighthouse for the Indian Government’s National Smart Cities Mission