ASIC DESIGN ON MEDICAL DEVICES
- Healthcare & Hospitals
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Cloud Planning, Design & Implementation Services
Designed and developed an ASIC for sensing to set up straight with the contact lens. The MEMS sensor which can be digitized through ASIC is reading and transfers the assessments back to the recorder with the same RF link used to power the device using load modulation techniques. By using a 0.35µm process, Faststream could incorporate power capture and conditioning, RF signaling, high linearity ADC, and digital control functionality on a single die within the limited power budget and at a low cost.
Faststream Technologies regulates the whole ASIC life cycle for Sensimed, comprised of design, prototyping, industrialization, and supply chain for different volume production. The bumped die is attached directly onto copper traces within the lens during manufacture, connecting it to the antenna and MEMS array.
Using these processes Faststream could sense the demand for a high ENOB process during keeping within the power resources of the coil antenna.
Key Technical statistics
- Column Parallel ADC on board with low noise sampling structure and temperature variation compensation.
- 13.56 MHz loosely coupled inductive link for power and data.
- Communication via load modulation.
- CMOS execution with well-structured rectification avoids the need for Schottky diodes.
- sensor reading on Wheatstone resistive bridge, analog to digital conversion, and data.
- Offset and slope correction technique embedded.
- Input and output through the magnetic link.
- Sub 5 -10 µV ADC.
- A broad range of incoming wireless energy.
- Power and data transfer through Wireless.