IoT based Energy Quality Availability Monitoring Solution
- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Visualization
- Functional Applications - Remote Monitoring & Control Systems
- Networks & Connectivity - Cellular
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) - Device Management Platforms
- Sensors - Utility Meters
- Electrical Grids
- Business Operation
- Energy Management System
There were several challenges faced:
- Since this data would be in the public domain, accuracy and authenticity of this data were of paramount importance. It should be able to withstand scrutiny.
- It is challenging to build an appliance that can withstand a wide range of voltage fluctuations from as low at 90v to as high as 320v. Since the device would be installed in remote locations, its resilience was of paramount importance.
- The device would have to deal with poor network coverage and have the ability to store and re-transmit data if networks were not available, which is often the case in rural India. The device could store up to 30 days of data.
- The platform that deals with the data should be readily available and highly reliable and never lose a packet of data.
Altizon provided an end-to-end solution for the customer that included Design for Manufacture Service for building the connected device and the Datonis® platform that acted as the IoT platform for these connected devices. The Datonis® platform was provided to the customer in a SaaS model.
- The connected device consisted of a smart connected energy meter that was rated to accurately measure voltage.
- The connected energy meter had a SIM card slot and was compatible with all service providers in India.
- It was plug and play so you could simply plug it in and it would work.
- The customer was given a secure account on Datonis® and access the Datonis® Application API to access the data being transmitted by the energy meters.
- The customer built their portal that would visualize this data in a manner that made business sense to them.