Predictive Maintenance Drives Smarter Fleet Management
- Functional Applications - Fleet Management Systems (FMS)
- Functional Applications - Remote Monitoring & Control Systems
- Networks & Connectivity - Gateways
- Sensors - Pressure Sensors
- Specialty Vehicles
- Logistics & Transportation
- Fleet Management
Fleet managers are turning to predictive analytics to stay on top of maintenance and mitigate part failures before they happen. However, managing the large amount of new data generated by vehicle sensors is challenging.
Predixion Insight* can analyze data either in the cloud or edge devices, reducing the volume of information that needs to be transmitted. Sensors on fleet vehicles collect data about tire pressure, hydraulics, and other parts. The data is sent to Intel®-based IoT gateways on the vehicle, which then process data at the edge for immediate alerts, or send it to the cloud for longer-term analysis. The integrated Wind River Helix* Device Cloud delivers centralized remote management with a cloud-based platform.