Siemens Industry: Manufacturing, Process Control & Automation
- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Exchange & Integration
- Application Infrastructure & Middleware - Database Management & Storage
- Functional Applications - Remote Monitoring & Control Systems
- Sensors - Air Pollution Sensors
- Sensors - Camera / Video Systems
- Sensors - Humidity Sensors
- Sensors - Temperature Sensors
- Equipment & Machinery
- Facility Management
- Building Automation & Control
Building control systems have traditionally managed heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) separately from other systems. Siemens Industry, Inc., envisioned a greater sophistication: Why not build a control system that would co-ordinate all these variables, as well as monitor building humidity, fire alarms, door locks, security, lighting and other building features, all while collecting historical data and storing network configuration information?
Siemens selected Objectivity because of the technology's capability to store the network configuration information, collect historical information, and connect the data collected among a number of various sensors to a controlling terminal.
Historical information (temperature, humidity, etc.) is of particular importance for Siemen's regulated customers such as pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals and food processing plants, etc. Objectivity's technology enables the complex processing of highly inter-related data for greater flexibility, accessibility, and control.