The product strategy team of a European Fortune 500 industrial conglomerate was preparing to bring their IIoT solution into the Chinese market and required insight into the competitive landscape.
A European industrial conglomerate was preparing the bring their Industrial loT platform into the Chinese market. Due to the relative immaturity and rapid growth of China’s IIoT platform market, the client had limited insights into the competitor landscape and was uncertain how to position their solution. They also expected that the Chinese market would require modifications to their sales approach and business model to meet customer expectations.
loT ONE supported the client's product strategy team to identify, prioritize and evaluate competitors in China. These competitors included multinational industrial technology leaders like PTC Thingworx, local technology conglomerates like Huawei, manufacturers developing vertical solutions like PCITC, and system integrators like BONC. These players we rigorously analyzed to understand their technical capabilities, use case coverage, target markets, market share, business models, and future strategic direction.
- Assess market adoption traction in China across end user industries and use cases.
- Benchmark the technical capabilities and business scope of competitors.
- Analyze competitor product and service portfolios and identify competitive overlap.
- Map the partner ecosystems of competitors, including solutions and sales channels.
- Track adoption trends for emerging domains, such as AI and edge computing.