An IoT Enabled Smart Lock for Advanced Home Security
- Facility Management
- Client needed a lock which can increase the safety of homes.
- A smart lock which can store the data entrances and exits from the house.
- A smart lock which can be accessed through a mobile application providing keyless entrance.
- A smart lock which holds alternative access ways. Low power consuming locks.
- Tracking and storage of data on a cloud with any time access.
About The Customer
Our client proposed us to develop smart lock which should be IoT based and stores data on a cloud with anytime access. Client provided us with a mechanical lock to turn it into a smart lock.
- Prompt developed an embedded-IoT enabled smart lock which tracks use of a lock.
- It provides locking and unlocking access through mobile app using Bluetooth or Wifi.
- It stores the data of entrances and exits with time and user name on cloud.
- It allows multiple user access to the lock.
- It provides other alternative ways to lock or unlock the lock.
Access Control Status, Activity Detection, Control System Alert, Home Devices, Security and access
Related Case Studies.
Energy Saving & Power Monitoring System
Recently a university in Taiwan was experiencing dramatic power usage increases due to its growing number of campus buildings and students. Aiming to analyze their power consumption and increase their power efficiency across 52 buildings, the university wanted to build a power management system utilizing web-based hardware and software. With these goals in mind, they contacted Advantech to help them develop their system and provide them with the means to save energy in the years to come.
Intelligent Building Automation System and Energy Saving Solution
One of the most difficult problems facing the world is conserving energy in buildings. However, it is not easy to have a cost-effective solution to reduce energy usage in a building. One solution for saving energy is to implement an intelligent building automation system (BAS) which can be controlled according to its schedule. In Indonesia a large university with a five floor building and 22 classrooms wanted to save the amount of energy being used.
Powering Smart Home Automation solutions with IoT for Energy conservation
Many industry leaders that offer Smart Energy Management products & solutions face challenges including:How to build a scalable platform that can automatically scale-up to on-board ‘n’ number of Smart home devicesData security, solution availability, and reliability are the other critical factors to deal withHow to create a robust common IoT platform that handles any kind of smart devicesHow to enable data management capabilities that would help in intelligent decision-making
Commercial Building Automation Boosts Energy Efficiency
One of the challenges to building automation is the multitude of non-interoperable communications protocols that have evolved over the years. Buildings have several islands of automation. Bridging the islands of different automation without losing the considerable investment in each specialized control network is the main focus in this solution.
Protecting a Stadium from Hazardous Materials Using IoT2cell's Mobility Platform
There was a need for higher security at the AT&T Stadium during the NFL draft. There was a need to ensure that nuclear radiation material was not smuggled inside the stadium. Hazmat materials could often be missed in a standard checkpoint when gaining entry into a stadium.