Automated Predicitive Analytics For Steel/Metals Industry
Asset to be monitored: Wire Compactor that produces Steel Rebar
Customer Faced The Following Challenges:
- Dependent upon machine uptime.
- Pressure cylinders within the compactor fail to control compression and speed causing problems in binding the coil.
- Equipment failure occurs in the final stage of production causing the entire line to stop, can you say bottleneck?
- Critical asset unequipped with sensors to produce data.
SORBA IoTSORBOTICS, LLC is an innovative software company providing the most advanced Industrial IoT Technology Solutions, solving industries biggest pain points. SORBA IoT is the worlds most Advanced, Enterprise, Industrial IoT platform. Engineers, operators and maintenance crews for companies worldwide rely on the SORBA platform to manage and execute OT & IT digitalization within transportation, manufacturing, and utilities. Without equipment failure and unplanned downtime disruption, SORBA IoT empowers industries to significantlyImprove Asset Utilization & EfficiencyIncrease Operational Capacity With No New Capital ProjectsReduce Operating ExpensesDrive Economic ProfitabilityWith measureable ROI, SORBA IoT delivers the bottom-line results that companies are looking for. Ask us about our success stories and Harness The Power of YOUR DATA Using Tomorrow’s Technology.
Analytics & Modeling - Predictive AnalyticsApplication Infrastructure & Middleware - Data Exchange & IntegrationAutomation & Control - Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)Functional Applications - Enterprise Asset Management Systems (EAM)Sensors - Pressure Sensors
- USE CASES
A Steel Manufacturing Plant Produces Ponstruction Grade Rebar. 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, Scrap Metal is Converted into Steel. Each Year the Plant Produces 1.1 Billion Pounds of Steel Rebar Used in Concrete. That’s Enough Rebar to Circle the Glo
- CONNECTIVITY PROTOCOLS
AMQP MQTT PROFIBUS
- SORBA-SDC (Smart Data Collector) connected to a Siemens PLC, collecting months of time series data to analyze behavior of equipment.
- Eliminated unplanned downtime for critical plant assets.
- Improved asset utilization rates, thus optimizing or reducing CapEx/OpEx costs.
- Minimized cost but not engaging IT personnel to connect into the enterprise network.
- SORBA does not require any firewall ports to open.
- Detected anomalies with lead times up to 20 days. Correlated all potential issues with work order events.
- Achieved an operational savings, in one application, of over $100,000 annually at just one site.
- DATA COLLECTED
Downtime, Equipment Status, Fault Detection, Machine Performance, Process Procedure
- OPERATIONAL IMPACT
Impact #1 [Cost Reduction - IT]
Minimized cost but not engaging IT personnel to connect into the enterprise network.
Impact #2 [Data Management - Data Collection]
SORBA-SDC (Smart Data Collector) connected to a Siemens PLC, collecting months of time series data to analyze behavior of equipment.
- QUANTITATIVE BENEFIT
Achieved an operational savings, in one application, of over $100,000 annually at just one site.
Detected anomalies with lead times up to 20 days. Correlated all potential issues with work order events.
Eliminated unplanned downtime for critical plant assets thus Improving asset utilization rates while also optimizing/reducing CapEx/OpEx costs.
VMware (DELL)VMware is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center—bringing Cloud Computing to businesses of all sizes. Customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security, and "go green."